A collection of great resources for Career and Technical Education counselors and advisors. Resources include brochures, activities, presentations, and other resources.
Best Practices & Recommendations
- Best practices - This document lists best practices and recommendations that institutions should consider when looking to increase usage of TEXASgenuine's free career exploration tools in their region.
- Counselor/Advisor/Educator brochure - This brochure is designed for a counselor, advisor, or educator.
- Student brochure - This brochure is designed for a student.
- Counselor PowerPoint - This presentation is designed for a counselor, advisor, or educator audience. Slides introduce the audience to the TEXASgenuine project and resources available on the TEXASgenuine website.
- Student PowerPoint - This presentation is designed for a student audience. Slides introduce students to the resources available on the TEXASgenuine website and walk them through taking a Find Your Future assessment, results, and career exploration.
Activities and Worksheets
- Career Assessment & Exploration Activity - This activity is designed for students and can be completed in 1 or 2 class periods. It includes an activity to present to students, a worksheet for students to complete, and a list of potential discussion questions that an educator can use during or after the student activity. This activity can also be used after presenting the Student Power Point.